Like this Blog

Follow Me on Pinterest

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Should you stay "friends" with your ex?



"It was sad walking away from him completely, but breakups are supposed to be sad, and in the end, cutting contact from him was what finally helped me close that chapter for good and realize just how much happier I was on my own...and how much richer a relationship could be with someone who was right for me. It's really in feeling those often uncomfortable emotions that we move to a healthier emotional space." 

Read the full article and more at The Frisky

1 comment:

  1. Never, ever, ever, EVER, stay friends with your ex. However, I'd recommend to remain at least cordial if offspring are involved. Aside from that I don't think there's any other reason to be friends with your ex. The idea is to learn from the mistake or miscalculation just made. Do not repeat it. Learn that is not what you want or need at this time. Forgive me if I sound harsh but the only reason one would stay friends with their ex is because deep somewhere you're hoping to get back together or you're hoping to correct or fix something about the relationship. Relationships allow us to weed-out what we don't want in a marriage and teach us what to look for. The wisest thing I've learned is to decide if you want a longterm relationship or not. Then set standards and proceed as so.

    ReplyDelete